Tuesday, September 21, 2021

IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR SEPT. 21 ABOUT GOOGLE CLASSROOM

 Dear Parents,

         The password for classroomgoogle.com had to be reset by administration. I have posted today's homework below so you can see it for now.  Please look for a note tomorrow in your child's folder with the new password and begin using only that one from now on.

  We are not using the one from last year any more. Please DO NOT try to reset anything yourself. You must use only the new password I will send you tomorrow. This is important because various programs have been synched together and this can cause problems for you getting access.

Below is the homework for Tues, Sept. 21:

Math- Do pp.  25 and 26 (Lesson 6) Use pp. 23-24 as a guide.
Spelling- Study how to spell following sight words:  him, his, how, just, know  
Reading- Reading Test  tomorrow on Stellaluna. This test will include the vocabulary terms above as well as questions based on a story I will read aloud, and finally some Phonics on initial consonant sounds and short /a/.  They will also draw a picture with a short sentence on a topic I give them.

Parents,  I am sending the slip for the Highlights High Five magazines today.  Please check yes or no and sign at the red star. I ask that all parents sign even if you check no (so we can receive the free gifts). You will ONLY be billed if you check yes. Tomorrow I will send the slips for Highlights Puzzle Buzz magazines.


***I have begun giving students brief Science assessments based on the videos I am showing in class and the review discussions we have afterwards. Social Studies assessments will be done the same way.  When I schedule actual quizzes in these subjects,  I will let you know and provide study guides for review. 


***The Title 1 program for first graders  will continue every Tuesday and Thursday after school. Parents should pick up students in the cafeteria  at 5:00.  Please be aware that the Title 1 program does offer additional instruction to assist students but DOES NOT provide help with homework assignments.
***You MUST contact the school in order to get the password to see grades on Educate. I do recommend that you do.