Below are the summer reading questions based on the book Frog and Toad Are Friends by Arnold Lobel. Please answer these on loose leaf paper and be sure to write your name at the top. DO NOT COPY THE QUESTIONS, but do try to RESTATE EACH QUESTION to answer them. For example: How do you know Frog and Toad are friends? I know they are friends because they care about each other. Be sure to write each number and answer questions using the front and back of the loose leaf paper and bring your work to class in September.
Questions on the chapter "Spring"
1. Why didn't Frog want to go outside? (p. 9)
2. When did Toad say he wanted to wake up? (p. 11)
3. What word showed how Frog was feeling? (p. 12)
4. Why did Frog tear the pages off the calendar? (pp. 14-15)
Questions on the chapter "The Story"
5. What did Toad mean when he said "Frog was looking green..."? (p. 16)
6. How did Toad show that he cared about his friend? (p. 17)
7. Why was it so important for Toad to think of a story? (pp. 17-18)
8. What was so funny about the story Frog finally made up? (pp. 26-27)
Questions on the chapter "A Lost Button"
9. What was making Toad sad? (p. 29)
10. Where did Toad finally find his lost button? (p. 37)
11. What are four words used to describe his lost button? (p. 37)
12.What did Frog think of Toad's gift? (p. 39)
Questions on the chapter "A Swim"
13. Why didn't Toad want anyone to see him in his bathing suit? (p. 42)
14. Who could swim faster, Toad or Frog? (p. 43)
15. How did Toad show that he was getting too cold? (p. 49)
16. How did all the animals react when they finally saw Toad? (p. 51)
Questions on the chapter "The Letter"
17. Why did waiting for the mail make Toad unhappy? (p. 54)
18. What did Frog do to make him feel better? (p. 57)
19. Who took the letter to the mailbox? (p. 57)
20. What did Frog write about in the letter? (p. 62)