Sunday, June 19, 2011

Important Notices for 2nd, 3rd, 4th Graders 6/20 to 6/24

Dear Parents,
It's time to say farewell -- till next year! Best wishes to my fourth graders as they move UP and onward toward graduation. I'll miss you, especially since I've known some of you since kindergarten! If no changes arise, I will be teaching Religion again to all three grades and Language Arts to third and fourth grades.
All students should bring their book bags Mon. through Thurs. this week and I will inform students which books and materials should be left at home during the week. Both test folders and composition folders will be sent home on Thursday. I STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT ALL GRADES KEEP THEIR COMPOSITION WRITING PORTFOLIOS AND RELIGION NOTEBOOKS IN A SAFE PLACE AT HOME. DO NOT DISPOSE OF THEM AS THEY MAY PROVE TO COME IN USEFUL!
I will be sending home thank you notes to all the parents involved in planning my birthday party (or who sent a gift).It was a beautiful surprise and I appreciate your thoughtfulness very much!
Our homeroom second grade end of the year party will be this Wed. in the afternoon. I'm asking each second grader to bring in $1.50 for a pizza slice and treats ($2.50 if you wish two slices). Each student should bring their own juice -no big bottles. Students may wear dress up clothes on Wed. for the party but MUST BE in school uniform for our eighth grade Graduation Mass on Thurs. at 9:00. Report cards, honor certificates, and subject awards will be distributed at the 10:00 assembly in the auditorium on Fri., June 24th. Dismissal will be right after the assembly, about 11:00, from the auditorium, and summer vacation begins.
I want to thank every parent and student for your cooperation and support this year and I'm looking forward to seeing all of you soon! Have a great vacation! Love,
Ms. Saville