Tuesday, March 24, 2020

IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING STUDENTS' WORK

Dearest Parents,
             I appreciate your efforts and cooperation in sending your children's work to me.  I spent several hours reviewing the extensive entries in my email. In order to make things more manageable for you and for me, I need to make a few important requests.

*Please send any photos to this e-mail ONLY:   mssaville@olqmnyc.org ---not the one I use as a faculty member.  Limit your messages  to what is most important.

*Do not send any more photos of past work.  Starting tomorrow I will be checking only the present day's assignments.

*When you log on to www.classroom.google.com tomorrow at 8:30 be sure you are using the school code:  42qiscw.   Do only the assignments I have scheduled and please make sure each subject 's assignment is completed and sent within the time given in the schedule.  Only the Math homework should be sent after 1:45.  I will assign less so all can complete on time.  This is important to keep things manageable and grades can be entered on time.

*DO NOT send work or information I must download.  I  can't risk running out of storage space.

*Please put the subject and page number of anything you send-- not just done.

*Finally, I must change how I check the Reader's and Writer's Journal pages because when I try to check the work, Pearson web dash starts to download the whole book!   So--I will be choosing a few questions from each Lesson in the journal and posting them under Classwork for you to answer and post on google classroom. We will do only one lesson each day but it must be completed within the period as is required in class.

* I phoned several parents today who did not log into classroomgoogle yet to find out what was wrong and hopefully now you have all the information you need including your username and password for www.discoveryeducation.com.  If you don't, please let me know at 8:30 tomorrow before I start the day's lesson.  Please everyone don't be late! 

       I must make these requests in order to make this work for all of us in these hard times!