Monday, March 23, 2020

LATEST UPDATE!!!!

Dear Parents,
          It has been decided that we are no longer allowed in the school building.  So....I will no longer be able to come in to collect workbook pages as I did today.  I have worked very hard setting up other options for you. After consulting with various people, it has been agreed that the best  solution under the circumstances is that you take a photo of the workbook pages  I assign each day and send them to me on google classroom.  This is most important with the Math.  Reading components can be done using www.pearsonrealize and Science and Social Studies can be done using www.discoveryeducation.com  It is NECESSARY that you log on to google classroom every day at 8:30 so that I take attendance.  THIS IS MANDATORY!  I will be available every day from 8:30 to 1:45 on googleclassroom to communicate with you and your children.  I am having zoom meetings with the faculty before and after this time every day and am expected  to correct work and enter grades after 1:45 so I CANNOT be available then.
           I will continue to put weekly assignments on the blog as well as a schedule of subjects we will covering each day so you can be ready with the correct workbooks when we start tomorrow.  Please work with me doing assignments on a DAY TO DAY basis so I can correct and enter grades on time.  I I will begin with only one or two pages a day in each subject.  The only daily homework will be in Math.  Please be ready to take a photo of any workbook assignment I give and send it to my e-mail:  mssaville@olqmnyc.org  so I can check it and then enter your grade on googleclassroom.  It was decided grades will be 3 or 2 for assignments and 70, 80, or 90 for tests.
           I will be using exclusively the blog, googleclassroom, www.pearsonrealize, and www. discoveryeducation.  I will put the username and password for www.discoveryeducation.com for each student on google classroom since each student has a different number. You will be able to watch videos on this site and then I will post questions based on the video on google classroom. 
       
  Our daily schedule will  be as follows:
           8:30 Religion
           9:15 Math
           10:45 ELA
           12:15 Social Studies or Science
            1:45 MUSIC

Please have your children ready with students' workbooks at 8:30 tomorrow and your phone to take pictures if possible so I can make sure all can work with me on this. 
We have two weeks before our Easter break!  Let's do our best!