Monday, March 30, 2020

Update on Class Assignments for March 30 to April 3

Dear Parents,
         I did research over the weekend and hopefully came up with a plan that may work better for you as well as for me.  I will still keep to the schedule in posting each subject's assignment and be available for assistance.  However, instead of having students post their answers as before, I prepared ONE Classwork  google form on which students can list all their responses for Religion, ELA (Voyages, Phonics, etc) and Social Studies/Science.  Math is the only subject which will still require sending two photos as before.
          So as I post assignments students may do their work in a notebook and then transfer all  of their responses to their individually named google form  (or keep it open if possible). In this way all the day's work will be neatly and safely kept in one place for me to access each day. This will also help parents who must turn in a student' s work late out of necessity.
          I also plan to do quizzes this week in a similar way.  I will be assigning only one quiz each day starting Tuesday. Each quiz has eight multiple choice questions and one written response and all are based on work that we have covered. Also,  I will let you know on the previous day what students should study in order to be prepared for each quiz. Each quiz has a due date so it can only be seen on the day it is assigned.  Parents should make sure that each student DOES NOT have access to any books or notes and DOES NOT get help in answering questions.  Parents are only allowed to read questions to their children when and if it is necessary as I have done in class.   I will always let you know in cases when reading to a student is not allowed.
          I will be assigning only the most important lessons in Math this week (skipping some lessons that repeat the same skill) so that I can complete Module 4 before the Easter break.  I am completing Unit work in the other subjects as well, but without a need to skip any lesson.
         I hope this will help relieve some of the stress we are all suffering and we can look forward to our Easter break next week.

***Please make sure you send me the two photos for the Math daily to my e-mail.   As I checked under your name, I noticed a few were missing even though you were with me in class this morning.  Send the photos as soon as you complete the pages, if possible, so you don't forget.

Below I am listing the assignments for  March 30 and 31 for anyone who needs it.  If you are on google classroom , there is no need to read this message.

March 30 (Mon.)
Rel. - Study Chapters 11 and 12
Math- Classwork: pp. 85-86 (send photo p. 86)     Homework: pp. 87-88 (send photo p. 87)
Voyages- p. 121 (send photo)
Phonics- pp. 145 -146 (photo p. 145)
Reading- Read over book The Winner's Choice on Pearson site.
Review sight words: their, them, then. these, thing
Science:  Watch video:  What is the Corona Virus? on discoveryeducation site.

March 31 (Tues.)
Rel- Quiz given
Math- Classwork: pp. 89-90 (send photo p. 90)     Homework: pp. 91-92 (send photo p. 91)
Voyages- p. 122  (send photo)
Phonics- pp. 147-148 (photo p. 148)
Reading- Read over book  Hunter's Money Jar on Pearson site.
Review sight words: think, use, very, walk, want, way
Social Studies-Watch video: Symbols of the United States on discoveryeducation site.